Financial Stewardship – ABWE Canada
At ABWE Canada, we know that the resources we have been entrusted with are not our own; they are given to us by God through our generous and faithful supporters. We are committed to being good stewards of those resources and ensuring that they are used to make the maximum impact for the Kingdom of God.
ABWE Canada is certified by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities, an agency dedicated to helping Christian Ministries earn the public’s trust through adherence to their 5 Standards of Accountability. Click here to learn more about CCCC standards.
In addition to adhering to the standards set by the CCCC, we are committed to:
- Providing annual organizational financial statements produced by an independent Certified Public Accounting firm.
- Honoring designations of our partners consistent with ABWE Board policies and revenue laws, carefully accounting for all gifts from time of receipt until designated use.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all donor records, including the identity of our partners.
- Scriptural integrity and to doctrinal purity as expressed in the ABWE Doctrinal Statement.
- Obeying the Great Commission and assuming all the responsibilities connected with this command.
- Doing all we can to bring people to Christ throughout the world, maintaining a biblical perspective and balance regarding our involvement in church planting and ministries of compassion.
- Exercising the spirit of Christ in our dealings with churches, missionaries, donors, and critics.
- The priority of the local New Testament church and its leadership, pastors and deacons.
- Providing faithful service for the local churches as they send out their missionaries.
- The principle of accountability between the mission, missionaries, and supporting churches.
- Maintaining high standards for all ABWE Canada personnel.
- The New Testament principle and practice of evangelism, discipling, and planting reproductive Baptistic churches.
- A program of church planting that has national leadership, ownership, and stewardship in view from the inception.
- A fiscal responsibility in serving our supporting churches and missionaries.
ABWE Canada Statement of Accountability:
Spending of funds is confined to board approved programs and projects. Each restricted contribution designated towards a board approved program or project will be used as designated, with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed as determined by the board, the remaining restricted contributions designated for such program or project will be used where needed most.